Scrimmage Matches and Notebook Work

Today, we had a practice match with the other top teams in the league including: Kings and Queens, Golden Gears, Hippie Bots, and Brainstormz. At the beginning of the day, we had to resolve several issues with the robot that were stopping us from being able to score. These issues were all results from the build day last Saturday. One issue was that the hook was pushed to far back thanks to tension-er. Although the easier solution seemed to be simply loosing the tension, we found we were not able to do this because it would result in us being lower than the 4 required inches at the beginning of autonomous. Our solution was to add standoffs to the hook, making them stick out half an inch farther than originally. This actually allowed us to hook on much more easily than before because we no longer have to be flush up against the wall in order to hook on. We also made a few adjustments to the arm and brought it back to its full efficiency.

After making the robot ready for competition, we began to run a few scrimmage runs with the other teams. First, we practiced with the Kings and Queens and scored a total of 35 minerals, a huge milestone for both of us. Next, we played with Brainstormz were we scored a total of 27 minerals. Then, we took on Brainstormz in a one on one twice, scoring 16 minerals but ended up disconnecting in the second run. Once we fixed the problem, we went one v one with Hippie Bots three times. First we scored 16 minerals, then 23 minerals (a personal best), and finally 22 minerals.

Scrimmage robots hanging and ready to go

Jessica and Andrew worked on organizing the notebook and getting all of our sketches to be included. They focused on making many of the initial entrees longer are more detailed because there were many times where we had very superficial explanations.